About Me

My photo
Paige, 20, psychology student and beauty enthusiast. Naturally resemble a chicken nugget, use makeup to disguise myself as a regular person. If you'd like to contact me, my blog email is jabbatofabba@gmail.com

Thursday 13 October 2016

October Glossybox - Esteé Lalonde edition!

Hello lovelies,

I know I've been silent for a little while but I'm back now. this time with another Glossybox review.

This one I was very excited about, because it was in collaboration with one of my absolute faves - Esteé Lalonde, who is a beauty/lifestyle youtuber and an overall babe, and I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.


The first product in the box is a 'Lip Parfait' by Trifle Cosmetics. It's a pretty, everyday nude lip cream. It's super comfortable on the lips as it's full of vitamin E for hydration, and apparently the pigments are coated in silicone to stop it becoming dull or feathery. It's a creamy matte finish, and it's a really nice lipstick to bang in your bag and keep for those 'no makeup' makeup days. It retails for £12.95, which is the price of the box itself! 


The second product is a deluxe sample of The Body Shop's 'Drops of Youth Concentrate', which is a potent anti-aging serum which softens, brightens and smooths the skin. I applied it this morning after an exfoliator (which we'll get to in a minute) and my skin felt so smooth and lovely. You apply it morning and night under moisturiser, and it retails for £25 full size. 

Next is the 'Secret Flush, Soothing Cream Blusher and Lip Stain Duo' from Universal Cosmetics. You can use this as a cream blush to add a pretty natural flush to the skin (which admittedly I'm still yet to try) and you can use it as a lip colour, which I have done and it's a really pretty pink when applied to the lips. Plus, who doesn't love a convenient 2 in 1 product that you can throw in your bag? It retails for £15.


Top - Lip Parfait
Bottom - Blush and Lip Stain

Then we have the exfoliator I mentioned before, the 'Honey and Camelina Facial Exfoliator' from Bee Good. It's recommended that you use it once or twice a week, and it's suitable for all skin types but specifically good for dull or congested skin. It's exfoliating, hydrating and calming for the skin, as it contains lavender to exfoliate, wheatgerm oil to soothe and moisturise and propolis to balance the complexion. I actually completely forgot to photograph this with the others because it was in my bathroom from this morning, sorry!

Next is the PS... Pro 'HD Mascara' in black, which claims to define, volumise and lift the lashes, with a flexible rubber brush to help you get from root to tip. I didn't try this when I tried some of the other products from this range so I was interested to see if this was any good. I used this mascara, and while it wasn't my favourite mascara ever. it does define and lengthen the lashes and it's clump free, so if you're looking for a nice natural eye look then maybe this is one for you. It retails at £3.  

The last product in the box is an interesting one. On the front of the bottle it says 'New Beauty Shampoo', and that's as much as we're allowed to know. According to Esteé, a well established brand is revamping their products, so she managed to get us a cheeky sample before this happens. I'm yet to use it but if anyone knows haircare it's Esteé, so I'm expecting good things! Also, on the back it does say the name of the parent company which narrows it down as working in Debenhams has helped me know which brands are owned by which company but I don't want to speculate, so I'll leave it up to you. 

Overall I was pretty happy with this box and I'm excited for the next!

Hope you enjoyed and I promise I'll be back again soon, I'm really excited about some of the products I have to write about so look forward to it.

Paige x


No comments:

Post a Comment